Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The easiest and hardest things about Lifelong Learning

Hi everyone,

I'll start with the hardest. I sometimes find it hard to view problems as challenges. I am easily frustrated and like things to work first time.

The easiest of the 7 1/2 habits for me is creating my own toolbox. I always write myself notes, create cheatsheets, and bookmark sites which help me internalise a new skill.

I have a second easiest habit, and that would be to teach and mentor others. Passing on recently acquired knowledge helps to:
  • reinforce your own learning
  • highlight gaps in your knowledge which you can address

I look forward to adding to this blog over time.

Please feel free to send comments or posts.

Mary

1 comment:

Robyn :D said...

Hi Mary!

Well done on creating your blog for the TQL Learning 2.0 program. I hope we'll all learn lots about Web 2.0 technologies, and how to use them in the library world. It should be fun!

Cheers, Robyn :D